Club Census Act
1. Whereas the Student Government Association (SGA) sponsors undergraduate student organizations, and is responsible for the allocation of funding to these organizations, hereinafter known as sponsored groups.
2. Whereas the SGA is responsible for implementing routine procedures to assess the efficacy of its sponsorships and funding allocations.
3. Whereas SGA funding allocations to sponsored groups are principally implemented by the Student Activities Commission (SAC).
4. Therefore, be it resolved that the SAC shall implement an annual Club Census, in accordance with the provisions herein, for the purpose of assessing the membership qualities of sponsored groups.
5. Therefore, be it resolved that the independent Committee on Student Elections (CSE) shall include a supplemental and optional Club Census Survey Item (CCSI) on the Executive Board electoral ballot.
6. Therefore, be it resolved that the SAC shall design the aforementioned CCSI, such that: 1) the respondent may declare active membership in multiple student organizations; 2) for each declared membership, the respondent, may provide an estimation (measured in time) of his or her regular commitment to the organization; and 3) it is stated that completion of the CCSI is optional.
7. Therefore, be it resolved that the SAC shall: 1) compel each sponsored group to encourage its membership to participate in the Club Census; 2) advertise the Club Census to sponsored groups and the Student Body; and 3) do so in an adequate and equitable manner, such that no sponsored group is excluded from the Club Census, wholly or partially, by means of discretion of misinformation.
8. Therefore, be it resolved that all information collected through the Club Census shall be restricted and controlled by the SAC, such that it is only made available for official use by the SAC and the Senate, with particular exception.
9. Therefore, be it resolved that all information collected through the Club Census pertaining to a particular sponsored group shall, upon request, be made available to the sponsored group in question.
10. Therefore, be it resolved that the Club Census shall be implemented for the 2015 Executive Board elections, in accordance with the provisions herein.
It is so ordered.
Sponsor: Maxwell Dickey
Co-Sponsors: Andrew Griswold, Parth Patel
Vote: In Favor : 28 Opposed : 0 Abstentions : 0
Therefore, the bill: PASSES
VicePresident: Kyra Toomre