A Bill Regarding Supplementary Funding for FIJI Islander
- WHEREAS the Student Government Association (SGA) recognizes the importance of supporting student events that benefit current students and Alumni.
- WHEREAS FIJI Islander has existed for several years as a mixer for current students and alumni. Over 1000 current students and Alumni are expected to attend.
- WHEREAS FIJI Islander is ineligible for funding at this time from the SAC.
- WHEREAS FIJI Islander has already raised money to pay for the event. Over $1000 is expected to be contributed to the primary charity in the name of Katie Oppo.
- WHEREAS Sponsorship of the event at this level would include SGA logo on the 300 t-shirts, flyers and other advertisements.
- WHEREAS FIJI Islander requires supplementary funding in order to fully function as a charitable donation event.
- THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that SGA will allot $500 to FIJI Islander for production costs.
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that all finances allotted to FIJI Islander that are not spent before the end of the semester will be returned to the SGA contingency account.
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that no finances allotted to FIJI Islander may be put towards the charity or used for food expenses.
It is so ordered.
Sponsors: Michael St. Germain, Kevin Barry
Vote: In Favor: 10 Opposed: 6 Abstentions: 4
TIE VOTE IN FAVOR OF THE BILL CASTED BY THE VICE PRESIDENT
Therefore, the bill: PASSES
Vice President: _________________________________________________________