A Bill Regarding the Development and Funding to Produce a RideShare Service on the SGA Website
- WHEREAS the Student Government Association bears the mandate of serving its constituents by providing student services.
- WHEREAS many students fly home out of BWI airport, at or around the same time during holidays.
- WHEREAS the SGA has the means to develop a RideShare service on its website, jhusga.com, to easily allow JHU students find other JHU students to split taxi cabs to the airport.
- THEREFORE IT BE RESOLVED that the Student Government Association will allow the Student Services Committee to spend $1000 from its general expenditures account to hire a software engineer, selected at the discretion of the Student Services Committee, to develop this RideShare service for the SGA website.
- THEREFORE IT BE FURTHER RESOLVED the payment to the selected Software Engineer will only occur after the completion of his/her services subject to approval of the Student Services Committee and the full SGA Senate.
It is so ordered.
Sponsors: Benjamin Googe
Co-Sponsors: Kirk Sabnani, Stephanie Geller, Minerva Kim, Alex Schupper
Committee: Student Services
Vote: In Favor Opposed Abstentions
Therefore, the bill: PASSES BY UNANIMOUS CONSENT
JHU RIDESHARE FEATURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Should be accessible through the JHUSGA.com website.
- Should provide means for students to find other students wishing to split cabs to the airport in a quick, aesthetically pleasing, and user-friendly manner.
- Will be accessible only by JHU students by means of JHED authentication.
- Will allow students to easily contact perspective RideShare mates through JHU email.
- Will allow students to add posts once logged in using JHED authentication.
- Will allow students to remove their own posts once logged in with JHED authentication.
JHU RIDESHARE SPECIFICATIONS:
- MySQL database backend to store all data(JHED, date/time, number of passengers)
- Frontend similar to the design of the Off-Campus Housing Database (PHP/CSS etc.)
- JHED Authentication required to view, add or remove any posts(similar to the way things work for OCHD)
- Must display correctly on all major web browsers and operating systems.
JHU RIDESHARE ROUGH SKETCHES (in order the user would access):