A Bill Regarding the Development and Funding to Produce a “Student to Student” Sublet Board Service on the SGA Website
- WHEREAS the Student Government Association bears the mandate of serving its constituents by providing student services.
- WHEREAS many students go abroad for a semester or an Academic Year.
- WHEREAS many JHU students would feel more comfortable subletting to other JHU students.
- WHEREAS JHU Housing and Dining’s Sublet Board(https://housing6.res.jhu.edu/classifieds/Default.asp) is oriented towards “University to Student” and “Community to Student” subletting.
- WHEREAS there is a need for a service oriented towards “Student to Student” subletting for students who go abroad for a semester or an Academic Year or leave for the summers.
- WHEREAS JHU Housing and Dining is firmly behind SGA taking on developing a service oriented towards “Student to Student” subletting, is willing to link to this SGA “Student to Student” Sublet Board on their Sublet Board and partner with the SGA on advertising. (See attached email)
- WHEREAS the SGA has the means to develop a “Student to Student” Sublet Board Service on its website, jhusga.com, to easily allow JHU students find other JHU students who need to sublet their properties.
- THEREFORE IT BE RESOLVED that the Student Government Association allow the Student Services Committee to spend $2,500 to hire a software engineer, selected at the discretion of the Student Services Committee, to develop this “Student to Student” Sublet Board Service for the SGA website.
- THEREFORE IT BE FURTHER RESOLVED the payment to the selected Software Engineer will only occur after the completion of his/her services subject to approval of the Chairs of the Student Services and Finance Committees.
It is so ordered.
Sponsors: Kirk Sabnani(S-2012)
Co-Sponsors: Moses Song(S-2013), Nick Trenton(S-2013), Benjamin Googe(S-2012), Alex Schupper(S-2014), Merrill Anovick(P-2014), Michael St. Germain (S-2014)
Committee: Student Services
Therefore, the bill: PASSES
JHU SUBLET BOARD FEATURE REQUIREMENTS:
- Accessible through jhusga.com.
- Should allow for a title of a sublet listing, description, picture(s), bedroom/bathroom description(1 ba/2br, studio apartment etc), availability date, ending date, name of property/location(either select a property which will provide a link to reviews in the OCHD or enter in a property name) and gender.
- Should be able to view basic information(title, description, rent, bedroom/bathroom and date available) without having to log in.
- Should only be accessible by JHU students by means of JHED authentication
- Will allow students to send a message to contact specific subletter after logging in with JHED.
- Will allow students to add sublets(and upload pictures for each sublet) once logged in using JHED Authentication.
- Will allow students to remove their own posted sublets once logged in with JHED authentication.
JHU SUBLET BOARD SPECIFICATIONS:
- Reverse Proxy Authentication JHED Authentication(same as OCHD/TaxiShare).
- Platform Agnostic(works with all major browsers/platforms).