A Bill to create “Campus SnapShot”
- WHEREAS the Student Government Association is given an annual budget with the intention of improving student life on campus.
- WHEREAS the campus has a need to repair malfunctioning infrastructure including but not limited to broken water fountains, faulty vending machines, jcard machines, washing machines, clocks and electrical outlets
- WHEREAS general students currently do not have a convenient method to report malfunctioning infrastructure
- THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the Student Government will create a service that allows students to send picture/text messages on their cell phones to a central digital location
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the central digital location will be either an email, live-feed or custom website contingent on the preference of the university.
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that service will only be used to report malfunctioning campus assets of Johns Hopkins University
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the service will be named “Campus SnapShot”
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the student government recommends the university respond timely to repair legitimate submissions
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that inappropriate student submissions be turned over to the deans for proper disciplinary action.
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the Finance Committee and Student Services Committee shall oversee the implementation process
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED before the service is made public to members outside student government and beta-testers, the SGA shall vote to make the service public.
It is so ordered.
Sponsor: Dylan Gorman
Co-Sponsors: Joanna Gawlik, Zoe Cohen
Therefore, the bill: PASSES