A Bill to fund the JHU Filmmaking Club
- WHEREAS the Student Government Association works to increase its transparency within the student body.
- WHEREAS the Student Government Association is given an annual budget with the intention of improving student life on campus.
- WHEREAS the JHU Filmmaking Club has been working hard all year with the Executive Board to produce videos and updates to send out to the student body.
- WHEREAS the JHU Filmmaking Club does not owe sufficient filmmaking equipment to produce weekly video updates regarding SGA operations and campus groups and events.
- THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that the SGA allocates $5,000 of funds toward the JHU Filmmaking Club.
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that SGA owns the film equipment purchased under this grant and contracts it out to the Filmmaking Club on an annual basis.
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that the money will be spent on camcorders, microphones, lighting kits, etc. (see annex).
It is so ordered.
Sponsor: Joanna Gawlik
Co-Sponsors: Kyra Toomre, Dylan Gorman
Therefore the bill: PASSES
Alex Schupper, Executive Vice President