A Resolution Endorsing General Petraeus’s (Retired) Honorable Presence
- WHEREAS General David Petraeus has honorably served the United States of America as a leading military figure.
- WHEREAS General Petraeus provided invaluable leadership during his service at CENTCOM and in Afghanistan and Iraq
- WHEREAS General Petraeus ‘s has inspired many students to become leaders at Johns Hopkins University and across the country.
- WHEREAS this year’s Foreign Affairs Symposium theme is “The Paradox of Progress: Chasing Advancement Amidst Global Crisis”
- WHEREAS General Petraeus is one of the most well equipped individuals to address the Foreign Affairs Symposium on this theme.
- THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED that General Petraeus be notified of the tremendous gratitude that the Johns Hopkins community has for him.
- THEREFORE, BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that backed by popular student support, the Student Government Association of Johns Hopkins University endorses the Foreign Affairs Symposium and R.O.T.C’s efforts to bring General Petraeus to campus to speak at this year’s Foreign Affairs Symposium
It is so ordered.
Sponsor: Michael St. Germain
Co-Sponsors: Alex Dash, Nick Trenton, Kirk Sabnani, Merrill Anovick
Committee: Campus Safety and Development
Therefore, the bill: PASSES BY UNANIMOUS CONSENT