A Resolution Regarding the 2011-2012 SGA Executive Budget
- WHEREAS, the Student Government Association finds it necessary to budget its annual funds to ensure that they are spent responsibly and effectively.
- WHEREAS, the Finance Committee serves as an existing check on spending, ensuring the cost-effective and responsible spending of budgeted funds.
- WHEREAS, the Executive Board submitted a budget proposal on 08/30/2011 for review by the Finance Committee and the Senate.
- THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Budget is adopted as amended.
- THEREFORE BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that committees will be able to access their budgeted funds in amounts of up to $500 without additional approval by the Finance Committee.
- THEREFORE BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that amounts in excess of $500 will be subject to the approval by the Finance Committee.
- THEREFORE BE IT FURTHER RESOLVED that committees wishing to spend any quantity of funds in excess of their budget allotment may do so, subject to the approval by the finance committee.
It is so ordered.
Sponsor: Merrill Anovick
Co-Sponsors: Stephanie Geller
Vote: In Favor: 9 Opposed: 6 Abstain: 1
Therefore, the resolution: PASSES